The Recipe Testers Guild
I think it's fair to say we have an actual solid structure, a concrete building to warmly house the ideas and plans of this endeavor. The walls of said structure are being fashioned out of:
1. A Table of Contents
2. A Timeline - The goal is to be finished in 18 months!
3. A Chosen Chapter to start from - You guessed it... Pies and Tarts!
4. A Working List of The Shoofly Project Recipe Testers Guild!
(There's one more piece of that structure that I'm so excited to talk about that it's all my long, cold fingertips can do to not type the very words my heart is calling out to type. Alas the time is not quite right. My heart will have to hold. But don't worry... you'll be the first to know.)
And anyway today we're talking about The Guild. (The word "guild" is inspired by Keturah who appears to have gone to her very own Guild with some frequency as she mentions it in her diaries quite a bit. I'm currently reading 1972.) This particular guild we're talking about is for folks wanting to help test recipes. Recipes that will eventually go in The Shoofly Project final cookbook. It's like a communal way of ensuring that the food tastes good, the recipes make sense, and everything is accurate.
You don't have to be a good cook to be part of the guild, in fact it's great to have folks who consider themselves "bad" cooks. (Though I bet you're just being modest.) And it's great to have folks who consider themselves wizards in the kitchen. (Though if you're actually calling yourself a wizard, I'd call that weird.)
Young, Old, Any Country, Every Background, Whatever Palate.
Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-free, Meatheads, Sugar Seekers...
Here's how it'll work...
1. If you haven't yet, let me know you're interested in joining.
2. We'll then send you a recipe. (at some point)**
3. Which you can then make. And eat!
4. Which you then report back on... How did it go? Did the recipe make sense? Did it taste divine or like concrete with a dash of nutmeg?
5. We then use your dynamic feedback to adjust, revise, develop, and ultimately write a cookbook.
In exchange you get...
1. To eat!
2. To be part of something called The Guild. And that's pretty much awesome. Fact.
3. To be part of writing a cookbook!
4. To have your name listed on the blog and book! Again... pretty much awesome.
If you've already joined on - Welcome! I'm super excited to add you to the fabric and fashioning of this building. If you haven't yet - We'd love to have you!
**I've not exactly figured out the details of the work flow yet but I'm on it. Details for Guild Member coming soon.
Now on to some pies...